Information is proliferating at a mind boggling rate in enterprises. A decade back, what was limited to file servers, NAS, enterprise content management (ECM) repositories and desktops, is moving out of corporate network to laptops, smartphones and tablets. Hence, traditional endpoint backup solutions that were designed for on-premise laptop and desktop backup are inadequate for the needs of today’s mobile enterprise.
Vaultize is designed as a scalable cloud-architected enterprise platform for secure file sharing, anywhere access and mobile collaboration with built-in continuous data protection, digital rights management (DRM) and mobile content management (MCM). It is built ground-up with enterprise control and unmatched end-to-end security to protect the data and at the same time without hampering the end-user productivity – even when the users are roaming beyond the corporate perimeter.
Vaultize is the only enterprise file sync & share (EFSS) and mobile collaboration vendor in the world that provides a full-featured endpoint data protection through policy-based endpoint backup, endpoint encryption and remote wiping.
Here are 9 reasons why Vaultize leapfrogs the other enterprise endpoint backup solutions making it the obvious choice of enterprise IT for endpoint data protection:
- Vault KNOX Technology – Vaultize’s US patent pending Vault KNOX technology makes it the industry’s most efficient and secure solution. Using this technology Vaultize performs AES 256-bit encryption together with content-aware global de-duplication at the endpoint even before the actual data is sent to the server. The content-aware de-duplication method works with popular document formats like Microsoft Office, PDF and Outlook PST. Vaultize uses advanced content fingerprinting and chunking algorithms that significantly reduce the amount of bandwidth required to perform backup (initial backup as well as when changes occur). It is particularly beneficial for roaming users and remote/branch offices where our customers have seen as high as 90% reduction in bandwidth and storage requirement. Because of this, the backup always stays up-to-date ensuring full and continuous protection.
- VPN-free Technology – Vaultize performs military-grade AES 256-bit encryption of data at the client side even before it is sent to the server over SSL. Additionally, a layer of OAuth protection ensures complete privacy and authenticity of data transfer. All these things together means that backup can be securely performed over the Internet without VPN. This hugely saves the IT cost and effort as VPN is costly as well as requires regular monitoring and maintenance. For the end-user, it ensures that backup happens transparently without hampering the productivity.
- Adaptive Algorithms – Vaultize uses adaptive algorithms in client software that continuously monitor the CPU, memory and network utilization on the device and accordingly control the speed of backup. This means, when the user is actively working on the device, the client software ensures that it does not hamper the user productivity.
- Efficient PST Backup – Vaultize uses VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Services) method, which is more robust and efficient than MAPI-based method used by other solutions. Additionally, Vaultize client uses PST content analysis algorithm to find out the exact blocks that have changed without reading the whole PST file. This consumes much less time (and CPU) and reduces the incremental backup size hugely, giving our customers more savings in bandwidth and storage. The MAPI-based backup process used by competitors can corrupt the PST files and its performance is considerably slower than VSS-based backups. It can also slow down the performance of Outlook and hamper the user experience.
- Optimized Storage Requirement – Because of global de-duplication across all users and devices in your organization, the amount of storage required on the server is highly reduced. Vaultize customers are seeing as high as 90% saving because of de-duplication.
- File Sharing, Enterprise Mobility and BYOD - Vaultize enterprise platform also provides digital rights management (DRM, aka Information Rights Management or IRM), endpoint DLP (encryption and wiping), secure file sharing, VPN-free anywhere access and mobile collaboration – which no other vendor provides. Through these features, you can get solutions for:
- FTP and file server replacement
- File sharing with outside parties
- Digital Rights Management (DRM / IRM)
- Virtual Data Room (VDR)
- Mobile Content Management and BYOD – secure access to corporate data
- VPN-free anywhere access to ECM like file servers, NAS and SharePoint
- Control over Email attachments
- Internal collaboration
- Endpoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – The Data Protection license of Vaultize includes endpoint encryption and remote wiping. Enterprise IT can define policy-based file-level and folder-level encryption of data on Windows endpoints to protect it from unauthorized access after the device is either compromized, lost or stolen. In addition, enterprise wiping feature (remote as well as automatic) allows IT to securely erase corporate data from any device at any time.
- No Additional Licenses – All competing endpoint backup solutions require you to buy Windows server licenses – increasing your total cost of ownership. Vaultize is built on a hardened CentOS Linux Platform, which provides superior security and scalability without any additional cost to you.
- Flexible Deployment Options – Vaultize provides the industry's widest set of deployment options. It is available as a hosted service on Vaultize public cloud, or on-premise (single server or scalable private cloud), or a series of purpose-built appliances. All deployment options come with the unmatched end-to-end security, data privacy and administrative controls.
Enterprise across the world, including Fortune 500 and those in highly regulated and security conscious verticals use Vaultize for ensuring endpoint data protection.
For more tips on keeping files secure in the mobile era, download Vaultize’s free whitepaper, The Insider’s Guide To Enterprise Mobility: Promoting Secure Access, Sharing And Collaboration. You can also download our 10-user free virtual appliance here.